tv-auto-open-on-import Variable

Hi,

Probably a stupid question, but:

I don’t understand how to switch the tv-auto-open-on-import variable on.

Can anyone help me with this?

Add a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Macro with the content:

\define tv-auto-open-on-import()
no
\end
1 Like

I want to switch it on so I guess it’s “yes” I have to write.

Still,it doesn’t seem to work on my tiddlywiki.

I hope I haven’t broken my Tiddly by modifying something else somewhere else :confused:

Once you set the value, then in any tiddler test the value is set with <<tv-auto-open-on-import>>

With simple values you can use the simpler, single line, define format
\define tv-auto-open-on-import() no

If the value is different to that defined in your macro, perhaps another macro is overriding it. Use advanced search and look for tiddlers containing tv-auto-open-on-import.

1 Like

Are you using a custom layout? If so, you need to wrap the contents of the page template in a $dropzone widget in order for drag and drop to work as it does for the default layout.

You can also check to see if a $:/Import tiddler is created when you drag and drop something on to the wiki. If it is not created, this lends credence to the idea that you might not have a dropzone widget in your page template to receive the drop event.

1 Like

This displays “yes”.

Haven’t found any tiddler, except the two where I used \define and <$set /> to try and modify the value, and some shadow tiddler in $:/core.

It is created. The whole import process seems to function correctly in every other way.

Yep

I do have a $dropzone widget in my page layout. I even tried to force the autoOpenOnImport attribute to “yes” there. Here is the code to page layout:

\whitespace trim
\define containerClasses()
tc-page-container tc-page-view-$(storyviewTitle)$ tc-language-$(languageTitle)$
\end
\import [[$:/core/ui/PageMacros]] [all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/Macro]!has[draft.of]]

<$vars
	tv-config-toolbar-icons={{$:/config/Toolbar/Icons}}
	tv-config-toolbar-text={{$:/config/Toolbar/Text}}
	tv-config-toolbar-class={{$:/config/Toolbar/ButtonClass}}
	tv-enable-drag-and-drop={{$:/config/DragAndDrop/Enable}}
	tv-show-missing-links={{$:/config/MissingLinks}}
	storyviewTitle={{$:/view}}
	languageTitle={{{ [{$:/language}get[name]] }}}>

<div class=<<containerClasses>>>

<$navigator story="$:/StoryList" history="$:/HistoryList" openLinkFromInsideRiver={{$:/config/Navigation/openLinkFromInsideRiver}} openLinkFromOutsideRiver={{$:/config/Navigation/openLinkFromOutsideRiver}} relinkOnRename={{$:/config/RelinkOnRename}}>

<$dropzone enable=<<tv-enable-drag-and-drop>> autoOpenOnImport="yes">

<$list filter="[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/PageTemplate]!has[draft.of]]" variable="listItem">

<$transclude tiddler=<<listItem>>/>

</$list>

</$dropzone>

</$navigator>

</div>

</$vars>