[Tinka] Quick question, how do I properly add a readme tab to a plugin created with Tinka?

I’m pretty sure I’m doing things wrong. In the list field of the tinka plugin ControlPanel tab, I placed the title of the plugin’s readme tiddler.

The result was a tab with the readme tiddlers full title, and no body text, leading me to believe that I have in fact, goofed.

Could someone give me a bit of help with doing it correctly please? :sweat_smile:

Edit: Also… how do you add a plugin icon? what format is needed for one?

In the list field your readme name would be “readme” (not the long name).

The title of the plugin needs to be formed like:

$:/plugins/<your id>/<your plugin>/readme

Ah, Ok- I figured it out after a bit of tinkering but thank you for confirming that.

I haven’t yet seen anything for adding an icon but I’m assuming if I just do $:/plugin-author/plugin-name/icon it should apply it.

One small nitpick I do have is that if I want to make a plugin’s version 0.1.0 or similar, I have to manually edit the plugin post save/reload because it auto bumps the number to 0.1.1

Other then that, seems simple enough :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Edit: Just a small addendum for anyone making their first plugin, you can use the button below to go through and clear out the created creator modified and modifier fields all the tiddlers that are apart of your plugin with.

\define tiddlerWithFields() (Tiddler Title Here)

<$button>
<$action-deletefield $tiddler=<<tiddlerWithFields>> created creator modified modifier/>
Remove System Field Values
</$button>

"""
Note:
Make sure to turn off Timestamps in SideBar Actions.
"""