TidGi-Mobile supports create wiki from template - for people don't have PC

I have a QQ group with 1k+ tw users, and I find many of them never use the desktop version of TiddlyWiki, they use Tiddloid or tiddlyhost (slow in China) on their phones.

So I decided to add “Create from template” to TidGi-Mobile, so new users can start using TiddlyWiki without a desktop computer, and can sync to TidGi-Desktop app or any nodejs server later.

Why not HTML wiki or Tiddloid?

TidGi-Mobile uses SQLite and the filesystem to store up to n * 10k of tiddlers and n GBs of images, which can be compared to the Obsidian Mobile App or Evernote Mobile.

Screenshots

See TIDGI for user manual and download.

In the future, I will introduce TidGi Mobile more in my videos and blogs, instead of the Desktop app, because mobile is the majority.

6 Likes

If you have more template to add, just PR to add it to GitHub - tiddly-gittly/TidGi-Official-Website: a Tiddlywiki based website of TidGi - an Opensource knowledge management app. Including TidGi download link, feature introduction, Tiddlywiki ecosystem explanation..., like TidGi-Official-Website/tiddlers/Tiddlywiki XP Template.tid at master · tiddly-gittly/TidGi-Official-Website · GitHub

It need to have GitHub - tiddly-gittly/tw-mobile-sync: Sync data between Mobile HTML (Tiddloid) <-> Desktop App (TidGi) plugin installed. And have at least 20 plugins, so new user won’t have a poor first experience on TW.

1 Like