TiddlyWikis as substitute for an online Survey?

We can easy use a single offline TiddlyWiki as a digital survey sheet.

So every single TiddlyWik would be like ONE entry in a DB used in online surveys.

For the evaluation – is there also an easy way to pull the data from many single TiddlyWikis into one?

Hi, Have a closer look at: Saq's Sandbox — Experimental doodads

thanks for the link

… i almost guessed that it would be possible

but again it does not look that easy :slight_smile:

loadWikiActions in an action string…

will see when i have time to learn more about it

Security issues? It’s one thing to download a TW from the authorised website or trusted developers but downloads claiming to be standard versions of TW with ‘honest’ plugins or mods and so benign to download and allow JS execution on the host machine would need careful examination. Whenever someone organizes a legitimate survey or any other project there is the possibility someone else will take advantage of the trust factor and try and introduce rogue variants into the stream. Personally I would only download and run TW’s from official TW sites and tried and tested developers on the forum and yes a survey but only from the same kind of trusted sources.

true

was thinking of a scenario where it is done all offline…

Could you say more about how you envision this working? I don’t see how your survey participants could acquire the survey TW without downloading it from you, and—unless you’re all on the same trusted local network—they certainly can’t return their completed surveys to you without uploading them.

The ExternalContent plugin @pmario linked works exclusively with online “source” wikis, so that will also be off the table in an offline scenario.

Setting security concerns aside, the absolute easiest way to transfer packages of data between wikis (in an offline scenario) would probably be to set up your survey UI so that all the data tiddlers it produces are automatically given

1. a namespace that will be unique to each respondent
  2. a specific tag that will be shared by all your data tiddlers

You can then open a respondent’s wiki and drag the corresponding tag pill into your target wiki to import the data. Of course, this will get increasingly impractical as the number of respondents increases, but it might be feasible if you’re only anticipating a couple dozen responses at most.

e.g. think of a classroom where the teacher uses a TiddlyWiki as some kind of a “test sheet”