Tiddlywiki default sidebar searchbar -> dropdown close on click?

HI! I am CTO Abid Maqbool from Maqbool Solutions (SMC-Pvt) Ltd. an IT Company and Computer Software House!

I am using Tiddlywiki from long time ago. And I love Tiddlywiki for my personal and professional notes taking app.

Recently I am trying to do some development on tiddlywiki, to do some little modification to achive custom needs.

I search a lot but can’t find my first experence on codding e.g. how to close searchbard → dropdown when mouse click on it?

Tiddlywiki version: 5.3.1
Theme: Vanilla Basic theme
Main tiddler: $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search

I wan to hide dropdown when click on filtered item after specific tiddler opened!

Note that changing $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search will override the default shadow definition, which prevents this tiddler from being updated whenever you upgrade to a newer TWCore version. For this reason, I don’t recommend making the following change… but the decision is yours to make.

In $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search, find this line:

<$reveal tag="div" class="tc-block-dropdown tc-search-drop-down tc-popup-handle" state=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/search-dropdown">> type="nomatch" text="" default="">

and change “tc-popup-handle” to “DISABLE_tc-popup-handle

1 Like

Hi! I am using latest Tiddlywiki e.g. 5.3.1. On Desktop Windows 10 Pc I 'am using TiddlyDesktop and on my Android Device using Tiddloid.

As TiddlyDesktop is laining Find in page feature (Ctrl+F) So I 'am using find-in-page-plugin and it’s not working with Menu Bar’s → Search Field.

How can i tell find-in-page-plugin to works with Menu Bar plugin. Or another why is I am trying to replace $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search with $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/menubar/items/search

So what’s the best way to fix the whole issue?

Also, I want that tiddlywiki core or other plugins can be freely upgraded when need and my problem also be solved!

and change “tc-popup-handle ” to “DISABLE_tc-popup-handle

This solve the issue, that when mouse click on menu item, drop-down close. But when Enter key is pressed, still drop-down is not closed, how to solve it?

If it’s esay to achive it! As I am using find-in-page-plugin, so Ctrl+G / Shift + Ctrl + G keys are used to go to next / previous occurence, I want to close dropdown too when short-cuts are applied if opened.