TiddlyWiki custom import: Web Text HTML Reducer (?)

Thinking about how to use Feather Wiki as my (lightweight quick note-taking tool) sidekick for TiddlyWiki (the full-featured intertwingularity-mapping note-making and everything else tool)

What I’ve got, which may be reinventing the wheel for all I know, is a way to drag text content from any web page into TiddlyWiki along with the HTML formatting, but reduced to just the plain HTML elements (i.e. stripped of CSS).

If you don’t like HTML tags, you will not like this. You’ll likely want to find some markup solution.

I don’t like markup at all. Since I find HTML syntax easier to “see” (distinguish from the other stuff), I don’t mind it.

So this makes me happy:

1 Like

Eventually, the idea is to have the one dropzone with options of what to exclude/include.

Like links to web pages and images.

(Some images have “data url’s”, which can get big)

So a bunch of check boxes at some point. For now, I’ve got two separate dropzones, both excluding all parameters inside HTML tags, exception for both being anchor tags (i.e. links), and additional exception for one to allow images.

Thanks for Sharing @Charlie_Veniot I can see a need for this at some stage;

Now you have showed us how it works can you share usable tiddlers, such as the two dropzones and alternate import tiddler?

Using the alternate import tiddler to rename a drop/paste as you go is a useful workflow in some cases.

Similar options may be available through Browser add ons, but this one travel’s with the tiddlywiki.

This is a primary tool in taking notes! Please share!

Marco

One tiddler, loads of testing to do before refactoring code (mostly to get rid of duplication.)

Then: check boxes for import preferences.

Download and drag the attached file to import the one little tiddler into whatever TiddlyWiki (try it with tiddlywiki.com!)

Web Text Import HTML Reducers.json (2.0 KB)

2 Likes