TiddlyWiki at Wikipedia needs an update

Hi folks,
See: TiddlyWiki - Wikipedia … Most of the info there is outdated. Even more so when v5.2.0 will be released.

Who can help to fix this?

ToDo

2 Likes

Hi @pmario. Thanks for providing so many great ideas on how to improve TW’s Wikipedia article.

I just updated the tiddler edit screenshot and tiddler format info, and added more info on plugins (highlighting a few popular ones related to projects which have a page on the Wikipedia: Anki, KaTex, MathJax, Disqus…, as well as Projectify). I’d like to put how many there are, but didn’t find an actual reference pointing to the exact numbers.

I can (and will) do more but am not the right person for more on the History section and better info about the saving mechanisms. More help needed :slight_smile:

hmm. I can see a lot of new links to wikipedia pages. But what I actually want is links to TiddlyWiki example editions. … But I may miss something here.

@pmario, I added one external link (to Projectify), as per your initial idea, but indeed did not add externals links to other plugins. I did this to comply to Wikipedia’s “Wikipedia is not a directory” policy and minimise the risk of having my changes reverted. By providing examples to plugins that mesh in with other Wikipedia articles, I am trying to uncontroversially demonstrate that the added content I am providing is fully justified, and neither self-centred nor promotional. It’s a fine line to navigate and I’d rather be very conservative in my changes and making sure they are accepted, rather that being a bit impetuous and having issues contributing further at a later stage.

The other links you mentioned (to talk.tiddlywiki.org, Ambit Project, Open Collective, and links.tiddlywiki.com) are a great idea of course, but require being submitted along with relevant context (which I’m not sure I’ll be able to come up with in the case of the Open Collective by the way). Again, I prefer submitting small changes, one at the time, than add huge blocks of text and risk seeing them all rejected because a tiny part of those changes could be construed as being in violation of Wikipedia policy. I’ll write some more over the next few days and keep the community posted.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re the expert on Wikipedia here! Thanks for taking this on, just let us know how else we can help!