TiddlyTools for TW 5.3.5 - a problem on update

I tried to update the TiddlyTools/Time/Clocks, TiddlyTools/Time/SidebarClocks from Eric Schulman’s wonderful TiddlyTools website. I used the drag and drop method to do the update to my wiki.

The end result is that the calendar is shown twice on my wiki’s toolbar. If I go to TiddlyTools/Time/Setup the “Show toolbar calendar” is ticked. If I untick it then the toolbar calendar is shown only once. I don’t know why this is so.

EDIT: I notice that there are two similar Tiddlers. One is titled TiddlyTools/Time/ToolbarCalendar dated 16 August 2023 and other one is titled TiddlyTools/Time/Calendar/Toolbar dated 20 March 2024.

TiddlyTools/Time/ToolbarCalendar was renamed to TiddlyTools/Time/Calendar/Toolbar

Just delete the older TiddlyTools/Time/ToolbarCalendar from your TiddlyWiki.

enjoy,
-e

Addendum: You can search the TiddlyTools $:/ChangeLog to look for details of updates, like this:

• From the “Welcome to TiddlyTools!” Summary tab, click on “TiddlyTools was updated on …”
  • A popup “ChangeLog Viewer” will appear.
  • Click the search button (magnifying glass) and enter search text (e.g., “TiddlyTools/Time/Calendar”)
  • The log will automatically be filtered to show only entries containing the search text.

For the particular issue you noted, you will see:

24.03.19.152616 TiddlyTools/Time/Calendar/Toolbar - renamed from TiddlyTools/Time/ToolbarCalendar
1 Like

Thank you Eric! I don’t remember if I mentioned this in any other posting, but your utilities are a very important reason why I’m using TiddlyWiki.