[TiddlyTables] with dropdown menu options and icons?

@session I think some solution is possible, but this is not easy to do with tiddlywiki out of the box. Survey results need to be saved outside the wiki, or if inside the wiki with unique tiddlers per user.

• One problem with a single file wiki is you can only safely have one editor at a time. I could finish and save the wiki, then you are filling out the survey at the same time. Only the last save wins.
  • Multiuser wikis based on node are reasonable for Team work on a LAN with trusted users.

One solution I have investigated is compiling the users replys as a JSON and opening a send mail with the response as an attachment. It could be in a single user named data tiddler. Not perfect but workable.

• The Wiki owner would then drop the attachment in a wiki using a mechanism to bring them into the wiki. Also reviewing to see if its valid.
  • The only impediment so far is using mime etc… to include the attachment in the email body, but the user also needs a default emailer responding to mailto://

No - you don´t want to give your login information to others - it has to work with an Access Control permission system

you can only safely have one editor at a time. I could finish and save the wiki, then you are filling out the survey at the same time. Only the last save wins.

Yes - this a problem i have not thought about

and besides this:

if someone has access AND editing rights to a specific tiddler file e.g. provided by a token , what could this person do to the other files on the server as well?
If a person has bad intentions could he inject bad code into this html file he has access to and harm other files as well? I guess yes - right?

is possible to pull content form different tiddlers into ONE tiddler ?

All the unique tiddlers per user could be pulled together into one which shows the Survey result ?

1 Like

So TiddlyHost has no Access Control permission system implemented right now. Is there a reason why this is not done jet … is it just that this code is not written jet - or is there an other reason as well?

1 Like

Yes, in its simplest for the master tiddler “transcludes” the other tiddlers, which imports [their] text field and displays it. <$transclude tiddler="tiddlername"/> but this can be done using list widgets.

• If there is a collection you then want to export as a group you can do so, for later import
  • Further you could use a template to export a custom view of anything in tiddlywiki.

It does, it has public and private wikis and users and logins to your tiddler host account. This is limited compared to your original request, but it has basic one editor and multiple reader options. You can share the login but again one user can save over the others changes if not carful.

It is importiant to understand tiddlywiki can do almost anything, the only question is how much effort you need to put [into] it, to make it work. I have committed to using it as my key software tool, and thus know most of it. There are only a few places where it is difficult, but there is nearly always a work around.

1 Like