TiddlyMap plugin: how to find all views a tiddler belongs to?

In the map window, it is possible to search for a tiddler name and zoom on it. But sometimes a tiddler belongs to multiple views. Given a tiddler name, how can I find all views it belongs to?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how you intend to use a list of map views, but this may assist you in obtaining one. I wrote a quick macro to list map views where a node would be found. TiddlyMap views have a list field with all their nodes. Each map view is defined in a unique tiddler prefixed with ā€œ$:/temp/tmp/nodes/ā€. So, the first list filter finds all of these tiddlers. The set statement splits the title to only provide the map view name. Iā€™m not the best filter writer, and I suspect there is a better way to do this. Thoughts? Hope this helps.

\define listMaps(tiddler)
<$list filter="[search:title[$:/temp/tmap/nodes/]contains[$tiddler$]]">
<$set name=mapname filter="[{!!title}] :map[split[/]last[1]]">
<<mapname>><br/>
</$set>
</$list>
\end

<<listMaps "My Test Tiddler">>

Edit: since these lists are maintained in a temp tiddler, they get regenerated. ie on startup these tiddlers will not exist until the user opens the map (example, user opens the Map tab in the sidebar). Therefore, this is not a great answer unless we can force TiddlyMaps to generate these tiddlers on startup.

1 Like