TiddlyImage App

Hi everyone,

I’m new round here. But I have a plan.

My aim is to customise a TiddlyWiki to manage images and create an interactive, categorising, visual learning and review tool.

I’m on the steep part of the TiddlyWiki learning curve right now. Ambition is outstripping skill, I’m coming from Python & C++, which aren’t much help when JavaScript & HTML are needed to customise a TiddlyWiki!

I’ve laid out the vision for TiddlyImage on GitHub and would really like to collaborate with others to create a showcase app. Comments & pull requests are, of course, welcome.

Thanks,

TechTangle a.k.a Formulator

Hi @TechTangle, this sounds interesting, if you want to upload images it mainly seems to be a question of the backend you intend to use. Node.js offers more possibilities - but to make use of them the learning curve is steeper.
Shall your app be single user (or single modifier) or something collaborative?

I would also suggest one path to achieve this is using a WebDav Server and use the File Uploads Plugin - not only will it give the functionality you may be looking for, but may be a little easier for people to host there own, compared to nodeJS.

• I have not implemented this yet, but I expect it may prove the best path.

Thanks for the thought @JanJo . To keep it simple in the beginning and get base functionality operating I thought single modifier. Making it collaborative opens many possibilities but adds the complications of content policies and moderation etc. Could be an interesting development some way down the line?

Hi @TW_Tones , I pondered your suggestion and it helped clarify my thoughts, thanks. Maybe 1.0 will be a single file TiddlyWiki architecture having the option to store-images-locally-but-outside-the-wiki and refer-by-links-to-already-hosted-images-elsewhere. I envisage functionality to bulk prepare image tiddlers from imported JSON files, which will make it very easy to create/backup/regenerate an instance, though of course a user could tinker on manually should they desire.