Tiddler opened outside storyriver below current tiddler?

Is it possible to set tiddlers opened from outside of the storyriver to have the same ‘below active tiddler’ behavior as those inside the storyriver?

Have a look at these configuration settings:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FControlPanel%2FSettings%2FLinkToBehaviour

Yep, that is indeed the part I’m asking about! :smiley:

I’m looking to use the ‘One Below Current Tiddler’ option in the Navigation Outside of the story river, just for clarifications.

Is this at all possible? If not then no worries, but it would be a nice quality of life adjustment to my workflow.

1 Like

There is by default no such possibility because there is no concept of a “current tiddler” in the story river, unless you click in one to trigger a link.

hm, alright then- welp thank you for the information :sweat_smile:

There are plugins that introduce a concept of a focussed/current tiddler in the story that could prove a good building block for adding this functionality:

https://links.tiddlywiki.org/#Link%20from%20saqimtiaz%3A%20989321de5ab0ec69ac9d:[[Link%20from%20saqimtiaz%3A%20989321de5ab0ec69ac9d]]%20[[Link%20from%20saqimtiaz%3A%201f92e6ba31052ae4fd23]]

Some macros, rather than a plugin, of mine do this, by using the value in {{$:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler}}, typically the last navigated to. This package also indicates which tiddler has the “focus” (the target icon) and you can set focus on a given tiddler.

The OT

• Arguably you could open tiddlers in relation to the value in $:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler and position it within the list in $:/StoryList!!list
  • Or adapt this package to suit

Not all features a complete but this package includes

• Indicator and set focus button on tiddlers
  • List of focused tiddlers (history)
  • Side bar segment showing the currently focused tiddler with edit button
  • Side bar tab showing the fields of the currently focused tiddler.
  • Jump list menu item for the menu bar

Other features still under development

focus-tiddler.json (23.3 KB)

1 Like

@Justin_H This plug in shared by Saq has a feature - when you click on any of the tiddler in the storyriver, it becomes the focussed tiddler.

Edit: Click on any of the tiddler and see that there is colored border active around it