The same processes beyond documentation to the core

Folks,

I just wanted to bring to the communities discussion on the process to submit updated documentation it would be worthwhile if in the long run a similar method for requesting community changes to the core release would be available.

Although I do not suggests this slow down any improved documentation update process, we should keep it in mind (If not already)

As a case in point see my discussion here Idea: Addition to core hacking button actions

Tiddlywiki.com does not allow you to link to core tiddlers, only documentation tiddlers to generate a link to a PR (Pull/Push request). Perhaps a dedicated wiki linked as the documentation tiddlers are to github

Of course Discourse can be the place of first and peer review so if someone tries to do something in the core not obeying rules it is easily intercepted.

I think that writing up suggested features and discussing how they should work is a great use case for the forum.

To be considered for core, I think the existing GitHub PR process is appropriate.

If a group of users can’t code, they’ll need to hire or convince a developer to make the suggested PR.

The IETF uses “rough consensus and running code” as their model, which I think works for code.

Editions, plugins, and other custom components exist as other pathways to share with everyone, and people can run their own processes for those.

Like you I think;

But I would point out there are a lot of improvement’s that may not need a “developer” to create the solution, but will be needed to “supervise and submit” To be considered for core, and as you say the existing GitHub PR process may be appropriate (all under discussion at the moment).

I suppose the subject of this Topic is an attempt to open up contributions, not only to Documentation but also for other core changes after a discussion of the merits.

Perhaps I am the exception but I have a suite of improvement’s I would like to make that follow the design principle’s of tiddlywiki but do not need Javascript. I would like a more open and easy to use mechaisium for users, (without by passing developer review) and making it similar to the Documentation practices makes sense to me.

This post is about “Flagging the value of reusing the Documentation Process” (with variations) , for Core Submissions. Ideally this may allow suggestions without GitHub knowledge enter the review and development process.