The number of blank lines in editing matches that in reading

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I’m from China and Tiddlywiki is my favorite taking note application but I’m always frustrated when I press Enter twice, it doesn’t display two blank lines.

Describe the solution you’d like
when I press Enter twice, it can display two blank lines.——The number of blank lines displayed should match the number of blank lines in the editor.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
I know <br> can easily solve this problem, but <br> affects the text during editing. I always have to use <br> instead of simply adding an extra space when editing.

Additional context
I need this feature because when I put Chinese poetry into TiddlyWiki, I always need blank lines to separate the stanzas.
But I don’t want to use <br> to disrupt the text content.

Here is a Chinese poem.

进程
[北岛]

日复一日,苦难
正如伟大的事业般衰败
像一个小官僚
我坐在我的命运中
点亮孤独的国家

死者没有朋友
盲目的煤,嘹亮的灯光
我走在我的疼痛上
围栏以外的羊群
似田野开绽

形式的大雨使石头
变得残破不堪
我建造我的年代
孩子们凭借一道口令
穿过书的防线

Thanks for the best Tiddlywiki

Welcome

As I wrote at GitHub, have a closer look at: For poems you can use tripple double-quotes. Hard Linebreaks in Wikitext

"""
your text
comes here
"""
1 Like

Logic,

This is a common feeling for new users, perhaps with any mark up or mark down language. However it is also present in other applications. for example, one enter is end of line, a second enter is end of paragraph.

• Unless you end the paragraph the sentences are automatically wrapped to fit the screen.
  • In TW the HTML generated uses the <p></p> tags are used and you can also apply CSS to impact the way paragraphs behave.
    • So it can be useful to have paragraphs treated differently to new lines.

There are other ways to handle this, but the easiest is to use @pmario’s trick or get used to it.