The Lonesome Category

A lot of time is spent in TW (and everywhere else too) adumbrating categories (e.g. tags, topics, themes, etc.)

I often wonder if we need anything other than “free text search” to find stuff?

Meanwhile, Hank Williams …

TT

1 Like

The cafe category is rather one of my favorite categories. Always happy to see something a bit more lighthearted.

2 Likes

are you thinking about something slightly fuzzy, perhaps like relevance-ranked proximity-weighted sorts of things? … over the years in my (Oddmuse-based http://zhurnaly.com ) wiki-journals i’ve sporadically experimented with variations on that – some are too computationally-intensive for real-time use when collections get big, but can be precomputed every few days (or whenever) – others get slow only linearly (like some regex pattern matches) and with increasing processor speed seem to work OK (response time less than 10 seconds or so) …

could you provide a few examples or user stories of what you envision? – and Merry Xmas to all! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Mamma Mia! These are fantastic …

Testament to … ^zhurnal , since 1999 a journal of musings on mind, method, metaphor, and matters miscellaneous.

Very much on topic. Well worth the work you obviously have done!

I thought your reflects on categories very useful too re the OP.

I’ll comment later on your query to me re examples.

TT

The answer could be too prolix. Cutting to the chase

Fuzzy-ish … Pragmatically I found Regular Expressions find the things I need see, mainly. In TW I do use @Mohammad’s well known Tiddler Commander in SNR (full-on regex) mode sometimes to ease the entry.

The point? Well maybe it is as simple as: assert a cat when reggy don’t do her so well, etc.

Ma, maybe Reggie is is pretty good, despite it’s acne?

It was nice to “Z” you.

TT