Task management schedule

Hi,

using drag and drop i can make a very simple scheduler where i can do quick rearrangements by simply dragging tiddlers up and down . however 2 questions

1- is there an easy /clever/hacky way of making some tasks persist, so one task wouldn’t budge if dragged over
2- can one task visually occupy 2 or 3 lines instead of 1 , it would be very useful in my example below as it would equate to the duration of a particular task in the table , which would ultimately read from a field , IE Duration: 2 hours , equals 2 lines covering 2 time slots in the table!

i feel like this simple idea could be very useful ,but is it simple as it sounds ?

Thanks

taskmanager4

Hi, why not try Calendar and Agenda plugin tw-calendar with Mobile frendly agenda page layout - #22 by linonetwo for agenda?

1 Like

You can make two lists, one with the fixed items (but not the floating ones), and another with the draggable ones but not the fixed. However you make them display as if they were one table.

You can use <br> inside the table cell eg {{field1}}<br>{{field2}}

@TW_Tones Thank you tones i will try that :slight_smile:

@linonetwo thanks , did not know about this plugin , pretty neat , however i am actually looking for a nich thing , where there is some conflict prevention , so you cant use the same time slot twice

also the other thing i am wishing for i guess is some autoreschudling capablity ,so something that would allow you to push and entire schedule if you choose to force a slot in between

taskmanager4

2 Likes

I was working on a similar project, could you tell me how you did that table? I’m not very skilled, but maybe I have an idea that might help

Hey sobriety

its on public wiki https://mighty-soap-71.tiddlyhost.com/

@TW_Tones sorry to come back again , but i cant do it , can you give me a hint as to how to get two lists to appear as if they were in one table ?

The idea was just one list following another, but of course you could do this inside a table.

• In your example My TiddlyWiki — a non-linear personal web notebook you are not closing your tags which makes it difficult to insert more code.
    • Whilst it is possible to leave many tags unclosed it makes modifications difficult, so I do not do it, ever.
  • For example in that table clone the $list open and close then modify the filter(s) to show different tiddlers, static and non static tiddlers.

I am very interested in developing a Task management schedule myself, with tasks having a default or set effort in minutes, with times and reflow as each task is done. Showing if one is ahead or behind schedule, and if you can go home after 5pm etc…

• I want the result in a day view with actual and estimated times.

As I attempt to do this it is clear there is in my mind almost no value starting, until one works through a conceptual design first. You could say develop the requirements and concider the implications of each feature.

Perhaps @EricShulman our “TiddlyWiki time lord” would have a perspective on this. However I think the minimum features for such a tool are going to be very personal to each user.

Returning to the OT

• perhaps the way to approach this is to think of slots. Where one or more slots can be locked. If a slot is locked you can not drop anything on it
  • The trick is getting the balance of items to flow around any locked slots.
  • A quick and easy way maybe to have a list of items, that you can reoder in time priority, and drag and drop on a slot if you want to fix it to a slot. Otherwise the balance not placed in a slot get listed in order in the remaining slots.
  • This can be done I am sure, but its quite involved, in effect you need to place something in one or more slots. or make the slots themself of variable length.

Hi tones,

thanks for sharing the interest in having a daily tracker with some auto reshched functionality ,i believe it can be very usefull , at least for me :slight_smile:

there is a shadow tiddler $:/core/macros/list , which has the list-tagged-draggable macro(which i am sure you already know:)) ,but i found adding a variable holding multiple <br> depending on a custom field value (effort)seems to do the trick , however ,its not very good looking , also , it doesnt solve the problem of keeping some entries in the list persistent .

i have updated the wiki

https://mighty-soap-71.tiddlyhost.com/

On the persistent tiddler issue, i still cant work out how to get 2 lists ontop of each other,perhaps i misunderstood you ,but is that even possible ,stacking 2 lists on top of each other?

thanks again for you help

I dont actuly understand why you think you cant, just follow one list imediatly with another, or do you mean something else with the word stacking.

<$list...

</$list>
<$list...

</$list>

Hi tones ,

that was in reference to your original response , 2 lists apear as if they were in one table

Have you tried the Projectify plugin? It does most of what you describe; I have organized mine in to multiple todo lists / sprints and the tasks can be easily dragged up/down. Tasks don’t occupy more space per time sheduled, but I just put a # in the title that indicates how much effort the task will take ( agile or pomo style).

https://thaddeusjiang.github.io/Projectify/

2 Likes

Thanks Jason,

yes i know projectify , it nice , but i am looking for something a bit different ,more similar to a timetable you would find in calendar, which we already have a plugin for :slight_smile: , but then i still am wanting a bit more, please see my first original post

1 Like