Task aggregator similar to org-mode agenda view

After finding that TiddyPWA solves some of my main pain points I am looking into Tiddlywiki again. One thing that is not clear to me is how to collect open tasks from across different tiddlers in a single view. I am coming from org-mode where agenda view scans all org-mode files looking for TODO items and lists them according to criteria I can define.

In Tiddlywiki I know that this could in principle be done but only as long as each task is its own tiddler. I find this very “heavy” and expect to litter my wiki with tiddlers saying “buy spare bicycle tube” that are never going to be reused or transcluded anywhere else so making them their own tiddlers will only add noise to upcoming searches.

Is there a way to denote a task that is not a tiddler but can still carry some metadata such as project name or due date?

Thanks
C

There are several ways this can be done. But, first, I think your concern that you’d have a lot of littering task-tiddlers is unfounded: You can easily have a UI to delete them - just as you’d still probably need a UI to delete unwanted tasks however they are manefested.

With that said, what you request are probably fields. Fields only consist of fieldname: fieldvalue so if you can use only those two bits of information for a task, then it is pretty direct. The tiddler holding the fields could use its main text field for whatever, e.g to list the current tiddlers task-fields or otherwise present the project.

Fields can be transcluded from other tiddlers, which you ask for.

An example of a task field could be Buy milk: unfinished (fields can be named freely but I’d say they are still often named without spaces, e.g buy-milk to not risk have filters interpret them as multiple entries. Maybe I’m overly careful. But at least do avoid quotes " and brackets [[ etc.)

If your individual tasks, as fields, need more data then there are various approaches. What data would your tasks need?

One thing I’ve done in the past is to name tasks with a date prefix and then “task”, like:

2024-08-04 16:42:31 Task

and populate the caption field with the text of the task. This makes them obviously “separate” tiddlers (and unlikely to fight for completion / search on Tiddlers you might have on “Bicycle Tubes”).

Alternatively, you could scan tiddler text for the word TODO and aggregate them that way, but you’d need to manipulate that text if you checked them off in your agenda view.

Hi @Christoph13

I think @Mohammad’s excellent Kara plugin might do what you need.
Have a look here:
https://kookma.github.io/TW-Kara/
or search “Kara” in this forum.

Fred

Stickies by @stobot or ToDo by @JanJo might be useful in your case