Stuck: Show a Field from a Transcluded tiddler via variable from another Tiddler

Hi Folks - I have a simple question (I hope).

How can I transclude a tiddler - using a variable? (I can get parts to work - but not others)

,…

I’ve a TiddlyWiki -

It opens the Tiddler and show (in part - what I am stuck on):

The “top” Apple - shows “/kjv/Gen1:1!!z_Links-From”,…
The one below it shows the content of the Field (z_Links-From)

If you then look back at the “Main” Tiddler (top) - you will see on the right - the following translcuded:

If you scroll down on that Tab - you will see the Transcluded Tiddler (Gen 1:1 in this case):

I am stumped on to how to show the field in this tiddler,…?

I’ve been using this to help me:

Here is the part that I don’t know how to translcude: Tiddler: /kjv/Gen 1:1 ---- Into /Structure/Main_Cell_C_Tab1_Verse

Gen 1:1 (snipped)

''[img width=18 height=18 [/Structure/apple.svg]]''[img width=15 height=15 [/Structure/dots-vertical]] {{{ [<VsTitlezLinksFrom>] }}}<br>

''[img width=18 height=18 [/Structure/apple.svg]]''[img width=15 height=15 [/Structure/dots-vertical]] {{!!z_Links-From}}<br>
<$edit-text tiddler=<<VsTitle>> field="z_Links-From-Personal" size={{Main!!z_TextBoxSize}} />

Cell C Tab 1 Verse: Snipped

<$let VsTitle={{{ [{Main!!z_Bible/Verses/Search}addprefix[/kjv/]] }}}>

<$transclude $tiddler=<<VsTitle>> />

In the Gen 1:1 Tiddler - it views “correctly” - but in the Cell C Tab 1 verse Tiddler - I can’t seem to pass the “field” to transclude.

I can’t quite see what I am doing wrong,… or am missing - or just lack understanding in.

I also tried to “set” two fields - but could not :slightly_frowning_face: - - been stuck for about 6 hours on this - hence why I am reaching out.

Sorry if I don’t know the correct verbiage - but I am getting there,…

Thanks,

TwN00b

My problem (and I suspect others may suffer the same) is I don’t understand (or have the time to) understand your application. Try wording your question(s) in such a way you’re talking more about TiddlyWiki and wikitext terms and less about your specific domain.

That said, maybe this?

<$translude $tiddler=<<tiddler-var>> $field=<<field-var>> ... />

Or perhaps…

<$text text={{{ [<tiddler-var>get<field-var>] }}} />

Thanks @CodaCoder ,

Yeah - let me retract this - since I am not a developer (just a consumer) - and just try something different.

I appreciate the suggestions and sorry that I can’t quite get the verbiage.

Regards,

TwN00b

Update: (For those that are new and mainly not developers - just regular Joe’s - aka Consumers - like me)

Here is what solved this - (sorry if the verbiage is wrong)

1. I set a variable “Verse” with the name of the Tiddler/Tiddly that will be shown
  2. I updated the Verse with the “path” to the Tiddler/Tiddly
  3. I transcluded the “Verse” and passed the field into the transclusion - per the suggestion from @CodaCoder
<$let Verse={{{ [{Main!!z_Bible/Verses/Search}addprefix[/kjv/]] }}}>

<$transclude $tiddler=<<Verse>> $field="z_Links-From-Personal"/>
1 Like