[Streams] New node or split not working?

On a number of my wikis I can start a new Note in streams with + but cant use enter or enter/enter to split the text or move onto the next new node. esc does work though.

this does not occur for a new empty v 5.2.1

it is only seems to be occurring on my wikis that have being upgraded from 5.1.23 and/or 5.2.0 and incidentally perhaps after upgrading streams to 1.2.23 it has not resolved.

Deleting the whole plugin and edited plugin tiddlers and reinstalling streams has not resolved this.

Anyone experienced this?

did you check the configuration and shortcut settings?

1.2.23 seems to be latest Streams — on TiddlyWiki 5.1.23

@pmario I updated my post with the correct streams version, I have used streams 1.1.23.

I am no so sure how to "check the shortcut settings. But this is what I see for streams. The three not working are what I try and use while editing the text in a node, and nothing happens.

The same keys are define elsewhere, but I understood they applywhen streams nodes are in focus.

The default Regular expression used to split text is \n\n and does not occur automatically while editing, only if you use alt-enter.

So I remain somewhat lost.

I wouldn’t be to sure about that. The first thing I would test is to have unique shortcuts.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this is reoccurring for me and I cant see any record of a previous answer.

Streams has its own shortcut settings in $:/plugins/sq/streams/Settings/shortcuts but they are also listed in Control Panel > Keyboard Shortcuts

Enter is valid on the following

• add-field Add the new field to the tiddler Enter
  • input-accept Accept the selected item Enter
  • streams-save-and-continue Save and create next node Enter
  • autolist-newline Add a newline and list markup if in a list Enter

This seems to work;

• streams-save-and-exit Save and exit editing ctrlEnter
  • unless its the same behaviour as some other ctrl-enter shortcuts.

Any ideas would be appreciated.