Storytable: prebuilt note organizing for non-programmers

https://storytable.tiddlyhost.com/

As a non-programmer, when I first heard about Tiddlywiki, I was drawn in by the idea of organizing my notes in a Wikipedia-like fashion. After opening an empty Tiddlywiki and making my first Tiddler, my initial reaction was, “Huh, seems like this is for writing blog entries?”

Scrolling up and down the Storyriver felt very tangibly linear for a “non-linear” notebook, but I dug into some tutorials and over the course of the past couple of years have learned enough about the Tiddler philosophy (and coding) to put together some macros to make Tiddlywiki more accessible for non-programmers like me.

My elevator pitch of Tiddlywiki to another layperson would be, “Imagine taking notes in the notes of your notes’ notes.” By using a dynamic table and transcluded chapters as well as automated Tiddler creation, I hope this can help new users take interconnected notes more easily before easing them into the idea of wikitext and taking full advantage of the flexibility Tiddlywiki has to offer.

3 Likes

@heliam this looks interesting. I haven’t seen a similar implementaion in TW before. Thanks for sharing. There will be lots to learn from this.

1 Like

Thanks! Just out of curiosity, what is a more “usual” implementation of TW?