Sönke Ahrens interview (author of How to Take Smart Notes)

I’ve been watching / listening to this interview of Sönke Ahrens by Tiago Forte
and Sönke makes this comment in regards to picking a software for implementing a zettelkasten or zettelkasten-like system.

“As soon as I am fully convinced about the software that is lasting, fully developed, I can wholeheartedly recommend to use it.”

Of course the answer for everyone who reads this forum is TiddlyWiki. It may or may not be the best solution for implementing a zettelkasten, but TiddlyWiki is a very flexible system and you don’t have to be a programmer to take advantage of it. In another topic it was mentioned the complexity of TiddlyWiki may make it harder for people who are not programmers to use it, but people manage to use complicated programs (Microsoft Excel) and not many people know how to use all of the Excel formulas or even in the right way.

But back to the topic of this interview, if you haven’t read How to Take Smart Notes, this is an interesting interview which touches on the main thesis in the book.

1 Like

@markkerrigan, another one of your interesting orientating posts.
Worth the listen.

Just FYI I’m most interested in the cognitive aspects of meaning-making.
Software matters to cognitive organisation nowadays.

Interesting in Sönke Ahrens comments was emphasis on there being no one approach that works. It depends on the purpose of a project and also the cognitive style of the user which way is most suited.

TW IS unusual in that is an “agnostic” system that not pre-committed to any specific theory of knowledge or any one method of data collation.

What might be interesting is to present via TW the same data via 3 or 4 different styles of cognitive-collation???

Just thoughts
TT