[SOLVED] Error message Undefined widget 'edit-comptext' after installing autocompletion plugin

Hi :slight_smile:

I find a problem with autocompletion plugin from this source. I already follow the instruction

Blockquote
$:/ControlPanel -> Advanced -> Editor Type -> text/vnd.tiddlywiki you must chose comptext instead of text.

After that, I try to edit tiddler and the editor area shows some error like below :

There is a error writing : Undefined widget ‘edit-comptext’

What I have done so far?
1 Contact the developer through email but no response
2 Search the topic in this forum, stack workflow, etc but no explanation

Thus I try to seek answer and assistance by making a new topic. Is there anyone has the same problem / issue ?

Thank you before :pray:

You did save and reload?

Yes, I have save it and reload it. For your information, now I can not edit all of my tiddler. It’s stuck with the error message Undefined widget ‘edit-comptext’ in the editor area

Make sure type “text/vnd.tiddlywiki” is comptext. Any typos and you’ll get that error.

Hi :grinning:
Thanks, I confirm that it is written comptext, save it and reload it (as @TW_Tones suggests too) but it still shows the same error.

Any other possible root cause for this behaviour?

Many thanks

Do you have other plugins installed?

Are you certain that you correctly installed the “edit-comptext” plugin? If you did, you should be able to find a tiddler named

$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext

which is the plugin itself. In addition, after save-and-reload, the plugin should automatically unpack a set of shadow tiddlers named:

$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/completion.js
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/config
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/cursor-position.js
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/edit-comptext.css
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/edit-comptext.js
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/examples
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/framed.js
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/readme
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/simple.js
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/usage

Sorry late to reply due to time differences. Yes I have several other plugins as below

As why the comptext is disabled (the yellow one in the screenshot), I don’t know the reason. I don’t set any thing or press any key but it is disabled.

Sorry late to reply due to time difference. I just follow the installation instruction as mentioned in the website

Blockquote
To add the bare plugin to your own TiddlyWiki5, just drag this link to the browser window:
$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext

After that, I click import, save and reload. Afterwards, I set comptext replacing text on the editor.

I try to search one of your shadow tiddler suggestion and I can not find any in my TW. So I guess the plugin is not automatically unpack the shadow tiddler. But again I don’t know the reason. Do you have any suggestion for me to try?

Many Thanks

As indicated in your reply to @Mark_S, it appears that the plugin IS installed, but is also DISABLED. This would certainly account for the “undefined widget” error message!

To re-enable the plugin, you can either:

• DELETE the following tiddler: $:/config/Plugins/Disabled/$:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext
    or
  • Using the $:/ControlPanel > Plugins tab, find the entry for $:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext (the one that has the striped yellow background) and click on the “right chevron” button along the left side of that entry (it may be a little hard to see). This will display the plugin details. You should see an “Enable” button at the top right of the details. Click this button.

Then save-and-reload. View the $:/ControlPanel > Plugins tab again to confirm that the striped yellow background is gone. The plugin should now be working as desired.

Let me know how it goes…

-e

Thank you for your complete solution. It works now!! :+1:

So the root cause is that the plugin is not automatically enabled and I am lacking the knowledge of how to enable the plugin. All of other plugins is directly enabled the first time they are installed.

Thank you too for @EricShulman @Mark_S @clsturgeon @TW_Tones and the TW community
Sincerely yours :pray: