So they can be swapped out when you select a different language plugin.
- Go to $:/ControlPanel > Plugins
- Press “Get more plugins” button
- Select “Languages” tab
- Choose a language – e.g., “fr-FR: Français (France)” – and press “install”
- Close “Get more plugins” modal window (button will now be labelled “fermer”)
- Go to $:/ControlPanel > Info
- Scroll down to “Hello! Current Language” setting
- Choose “Français (France)” from the drop list
Now, when you view the $:/language/Snippets/* tiddlers, all user visible text appears in French instead of English.
Note that language translations are NOT applied to “keyword” syntax such as filter operator names, macro names, tag values, HTML, etc.