Slideshow / presenter based on horizontal storyview

Right! My step one was to understand the basic CSS. FYI I’d like the approach both in-tiddler and as a storyview. In both cases I need time to grasp what is going on.

Just a comment
TT

Horizontal_storyview_ingredients_borrowed_from_Krystal.json (6.3 KB)

So I had a look at Krystal to see how the horizontal storyview is made there.
This could be a starter.

1 Like

Good stuff! TBH I got a bit out of my depth on how to liberate the right reliably for an horizontal storyview. This looks like it will help!

Just FYI, I’m amazed by what @BurningTreeC and the author of Krystal are doing in code. Way above my competence level.

Also FYI, your OP raises some interesting issues about the basic strategies. I now kinda thinking in terms of buttons for…

(1) Story Saver;
(2) Layout Saver;
(3) Story View Mode

… fully compatible with standard TW. Click and change and click and change back.

A comment
TT

1 Like

Playing around with the pinched horizontal storyriver CSS of Krystal I found a main flaw in the quick and dirty solution: It does not scroll vertically to the titles when you klick a link.
After all, this is in no way astonishing for this is just a blind experiment - but I do not know how to make it scroll horizontally that the clicked Tiddler is in the middle. How can this be achieved?

1 Like

Hi, especially @TiddlyTweeter I made an early beta of the presentation concept descripd above. Tell me what you think.
http://szen.io/horizont/

1 Like

I use keyboard shortcut to go into and come out of maximized state of tiddler.

https://tiddlytables-budget.tiddlyhost.com/

Check on this site with Alt+M

https://tiddlytables-budget.tiddlyhost.com/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FKeyboardShortcuts%2Fmaximize

This is the tiddler responsible for the shortcut.

1 Like

Thanks for the trick @arunnbabu81,
I need also need shortcuts for navigating throught sections and Tiddlers.

P.S: Your sidebar looks also very neat.

Search by this filter [tag[BTC]]
You can find more shortcuts - these are based on BTC’s demo
Multicolumn by BTC uses a modified version of these shortcuts.

Sidebar is taken from JD’s whitespace theme. I removed the CSS for the story river from the whitespace theme for making it compatible with Krystal. I like to have such a sidebar in multicolumn by BTC. May be I should ask him in multicolumn’s thread

Ciao @JanJo

I looked at it (Krystal — an experiment with a horizontal story) and it seems real neat for what you wanna do on presentations!

[TBH, I do think the demo would get more attention if on entry it was already in full “horizontal mode”. It is not currently so obvious what you are trying to do, I THINK???]

Just a comment, TT

Hello,

my understanding of a horizontal storyview is like this:

Mouse Scroll in “green area” will bring the latest open tiddler in focus into “red area”.

Wheter the “red area” should be multicolumn → configuration can be an option…

Regards
Stefan

For the daring and impatient, there is a new version to test

1 Like