Signup Confirmation Email Never Arrived

Like the title says… I waited “days”, nothing. :confused:

Tried to get a Resend, too - same issue.

Today, on a whim, I tried logging in. Bingo. :upside_down_face:

Glad you made it in, and thanks for reporting!

I checked the logs and the activation email was sent 4 days ago and a reminder 2 days ago.

As a new server, the email likely made its way into spam. If you find it in spam, clicking “not spam” can help.

Afraid not. It flat out never arrived (this is not my first rodeo – or first discourse membership – I know the email system can flake out).

Haha. Great. Good to have a report. I think we’ve had one other from a user in Australia, but I haven’t combed the logs yet. I’ll poke around in Mailgun (which does the sending) to see if I see anything.

1 Like

Ah, you’re in Canada, a user from Oz and I’m a Brit ex-pat… problem solved, the commonwealth/empire is finally breaking up! :nerd_face:

Yes, I was possibly that Australian.

Just so my experience is clear and it may help others.

Subsequently I have found emails in junk on outlook my @psat.com.au address, which I did not see at account setup.

I successfully connected logging in using my google account, Boris merged the accounts into my current one. I then changed my primary account from gmail to @psat.com.au. Although I continue to login with my google credentials.

Today I retuned to outlook and set to not block the domain talk.tiddlywiki.org

To be clear I use discourse totally online and do not care for any emails. I visit daily + to check.

My experience is identical to that of @CodaCoder , confirmation emails never arrived even in spam folder. I finally got confirmation by supplying a different email address (my first email was a .au also). All ok now though

I’m assuming the email contained a…

Click here to confirm your membership/signup

The outcome in my case - and the takeaway for the admins/@boris - is, the confirmation email does nothing. I never got one and I signed in regardless.

:man_shrugging:

The confirmation emails have worked for the majority of people.

If you login with a supported auth such as Google, GitHub, or Twitter, they all include a verified email address so the account is activated right away.

I will look at the Mailgun logs and settings for the other reports, but from @CodaCoder’s case it was initiated by Discourse.

Let us know if anyone else is having email issues.

I was logged in to Github, though I didn’t chose any option to “login with Github” (don’t recall seeing one). Either way, I was told I’d be getting the confirmation email and duly waited for it. Since I gave up and tried logging in without it, I guess maybe it used my Github auth, didn’t tell me, told me something that didn’t apply and confused everyone - well, me anyway.

Elsewhere, I’m a mod on a discourse forum. I’ve never known this happen to anyone in ~four years I’ve been there.

And on that forum, I’d have closed this thread as a complete time-waster :nerd_face: