Shiraz Dynamic Tables - Show tags selectively?

Hi all,

I have a questions about showing tags selectively in a Shiraz Dynamic Table. The current code I use has “tags” in the fields listed, but it would list all tags that belong to the same tiddler entry. Some of my entries have 20+ tags associated with it, and I’m only interested in listing a same set of select tags for all entries in the dynamic table.

For example, my filter is status[alive], and it gives me all persons alive, but among them I want to create a “note” column that list three tags if the entry has any of them: tags[lost], tags[censured], tags[DQ]. If the entry has none of these entries, the cell ideally would be left blank.

I wonder if there’s a way to do that? And if so, can I rename the title of this column as “note”, instead of whatever the texts entered into the codes?

Many thanks!

Harry,

I hope @Mohammad will reply, but in the meantime, you might check out his info on column templates:

https://kookma.github.io/TW-Shiraz/#demo%2Fdynamic-tables-template

You can do almost anything by defining macros and/or defining the column format … with the caveat that when you are in “edit” mode, the table is designed to show the actual contents of a field.

1 Like

Thanks, Springer! I looked into this but it might be too much hassle to alter it. I’ll try to think alternative workarounds

Springer gave the correct answers. Shiraz lets you create custom column templates (your own column template) that way you can display the content of a field as you like. There is good documentation and example for this.

However you may look at:

To clarify Mohammad’s second link, the link puts you at the last reply in that thread. Be sure to scroll up in that thread so you can see my question and Eric’s correct answer a few posts above the end.

In that case, I wanted to show all Tiddlers with the tag of “Content”, however, since actually seeing Content on each row would be redundant, I wanted to hide that word. Eric’s reply showed how to hide that tag in the table output.