Setting up IIS and WebDav

Many thanks, that’s realy interesting… starting a new thread, which I think is the correct thing to do.

I thought it would be well beyond my capabilities but followed the video guides by @pmario and actually managed to set up IIS and WebDav (pleased with myself, pat on back) and then open a copy of an empty TW file (http://localhost/TW/empty_5.2.3.html). However, when I come to accept changes to a tiddler or try to save the file I get the following. As I don’t really know what I’m doing I’m not sure what to fix. I guess since the videos were made there are probably additional things I need to set-up.

I saw this recently on tiddlyhost when the login was expired. Check if you have used any user or password settings in your set up. However it is quite a general error.

Which Windows version do you use?

Which IIS version?

The core webdav-saver uses the etag header to identify if there are differences between the browser content and the server files. … Since etag handling is different depending on how the servers are set up and which server is used apache, nginx and IIS it could lead to problems.

I personally use my WebDav-lm — PUT saver using last-modified plugin, which uses the “last-modified” header to identify differences between the server and the browser.

• You can restart the IIS server
  • load the wiki
  • import the plugin
  • save
  • restart the server
  • reload the wiki

That works for me. … If you still have problems, just let us know. … There have been some discussions at google groups, where one user did dig a bit deeper. I could have a closer look there. … But since it works for me, I didn’t have the need to dig deeper.

Grats! … You are referring to this playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuiC_HFhI4OwoVDb-B-VK0ydj-mBPNn-1 right? … It’s from 2017 … So I should have a look if it is still valid.

Yes, that’s the one - thank you for you efforts. Following your instructions to the letter worked until I ran into the difficulty I explained earlier. Initially I tried to create a virtual directory to a folder in \Users\MyName rather than Users\Public but it didn;t work so went back and followed exactly what you did.

Many thanks for posting your videos!

Thanks @TW_Tones, I used the username/password combo to log onto my computer so not sure whether that can have expired. I’ll need to check this again.

Windows 10 and IIS 10.0.19041.1. Thanks for your tips and I’ll take a look shortly. Please don’t spend any more time on this as I’m really just bashing about in the dark and have probably made some obvious error somewhere… I’ll try ‘turning it off and then on again’.