Set up Nextcloud Webdav with tiddlywiki

Hi,

I have access to a Nextcloud server and can use webdav to sync files. I tried to open tiddlywiki html file in browser via webdav. The html file is downloaded rather than opening in the browser and allowing me to edit.

Anyone know whether it is possible to do so?

2 Likes

Great Idea! I would like to have this too!

Unless something has changed with how Nextcloud does WebDAV, it should be possible. See https://groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki/c/cUWzxs6qhTo/m/N608hKFWAwAJ

Perhaps someone more familiar with Nextcloud can talk you through the steps needed to get it working.

2 Likes

As I did look at Nextcloud the last time (a year ago) there was no possibility to show a single file wiki as an html page. … IMO it’s about security restrictions.

WebDav in Nextcloud is only used to mount cloud folders as folders in the file browser, which is a completely different thing.

I use NextCloud and automatically sync the files from my private webserver to my local storage (SSD on 'puters). I open the local copy using Timimi and have no difficulties.

It’s been a while for me as well but if I remember correctly I ended up using the external sites app and the tw-reciever plugin to be able to get the function you are looking for.

1 Like