Set multiple passwords for a tiddler

Dear friends

How to set multiple passwords for a tiddler, as long as the correct answer to one set of passwords, tiddler can be decrypted

Function and plug-in $: / plugins/danielo515 / encryptTiddler similar

Any reply would be greatly appreciated

At the moment, there is no mechanism that would let you do that. So it would be a completely new functionality.

The main problem is, that there will always be a “procurator” needed, that assigns the password on behalves of user A and user B. Because if user A uses PWA to encrypt a tiddler, there is no way for user B to decrypt it and also encrypt it with PWB. So a procurator would be needed, that assigns PWA and PWB to a tiddler and then has to delete the unencrypted tiddler.

With the library used, we basically would need 2 different encrypted tiddlers and 3 different “users” to handle it.

IMO it’s not maintainable in a single file wiki.

My idea is that the “prosecutor” is me, all the users are me alone, I think about the application of this function: one is to avoid 100% forgetting the tiddler reduced to 50% or 33.33% and so on; On the other hand, when I memorize a multi-translated English word, I will use the multi-translated translation option as the password, and then through the plugin $: / plugins/danielo515 / EncryptTIddlers comes with encryptTiddler to screen out unlearned Western words for further review, or is there a better way

The encryption method I came up with might be called “parallel encryption” in academic terms, which sets n passwords for tiddler, and if only one of them is entered correctly, it can be decrypted directly; The method you mentioned might be “nested encryption”, that is, the tiddler has n layers of code, and N-1 layers of password that you need to unlock when the first password is entered correctly (perhaps by setting the decryption password out of order) (maybe some way to return all password logs that the user has tried tiddlers).

I am not really sure, what you want to achieve here. I can only guess.

For me it looks like if you want to use encryption to manage mnemonic tasks. I think that is the wrong way to do it. Mnemonic techniques should help you to manage and schedule review processes for new or difficult to remember “things” or whatever you want to learn.

IMO if you encrypt something it cannot be searched for. It is completely removed from the wiki. So you cannot find out, that you forgot something, because nobody knows about it. – It’s encrypted.

IMO @sobjornstad is the “master” of managing and reviewing knowledge based wikis. May be he or others can help you better than me with that topic.

one is to avoid 100% forgetting the tiddler reduced to 50% or 33.33% and so on

You mean to avoid forgetting the password? Any reason to not use a password manager or some similar tool instead in this case?

(Personally I feel like I’d be more likely to forget if there were multiple passwords due to the additional complexity, but maybe that’s just me)

On the other hand, when I memorize a multi-translated English word, I will use the multi-translated translation option as the password, and then through the plugin $: / plugins/danielo515 / EncryptTIddlers comes with encryptTiddler to screen out unlearned Western words for further review

It sounds like your goal is to essentially create flashcards that can be interrogated for whether you’ve successfully answered them? I second @pmario in saying I don’t see any role for encryption here unless there’s something secret in these word tiddlers. This would be pretty easy to make separately I think.

1 Like

With password management tools, it may not be safe to expose password data directly to your computer.For confidential purposes, I will have no more than 10 passwords whose meaning only I know, randomly assigned to the entries to be encrypted, and I have not forgotten them as far as I am concerned

I managed to answer them, even though I forgot them and retrieved their passwords from Bing Translate