selectWidget - Multiple and a revealWidget

I have a selectWidget that triggers a revealWidget based on what is in <<qualify $:/state/selectedPlayer>>.

If the selectWidget allows multiple, is it possible to parse the state tiddler and do multiple reveals? Most people often just select themselves for review but I would like to allow selecting another player of the same class and reveal them in a flexgrid for side by side comparison.

Give this example a try on https://TiddlyWiki.com

<$let state=<<qualify $:/state/selectedPlayer>>>
<$select tiddler=<<state>> multiple>
   <$list filter="[tag[HelloThere]]">
      <option><<currentTiddler>></option>
   </$list>
</$select>
<$reveal state=<<state>> type="nomatch" text="" tag="div">
   <$list filter="[<state>get[text]enlist-input[]]">
      <h2><<currentTiddler>></h2>
      <blockquote><$transclude mode="block"/></blockquote>
   </$list>
</$reveal>

Notes:

• For convenience, state is the qualified tiddler title that holds the selection(s) from the list in its text field
  • In this example, the $select widget shows a list of all tiddlers tagged with HelloThere
  • The $reveal widget is displayed if ANY list items are selected (i.e., text field is not blank)
  • The $reveal widget uses a $list widget to show the title and contents of each of the selected tiddlers

Hopefully this should be enough to get you started in the right direction.

enjoy,
-e

2 Likes

As far as I can see the only reason you ever need to use the reveal widget instead of a list widget is if you want to use popups, or animation.

@john.edw_gmail.com yes you can have multiple reveals, responding to multiple state values. It is irrelevant wether that state changes due to the select widget, checkboxes, or checkboxes and list filed.

• We can revert to a list widget to do the revealing, rather than a reveal if we need to use a filter, rather than one of the reveals conditions.
    • Perhaps we should as for a filter option on the reveal widget.