Selecting a tiddler to insert in wikitext with type, search and select

Hi folks,

I understand that features in TW5.1.23 supported the creation of an advanced tiddlywiki select feature, where you can start typing the part of a title of a tiddler and use the keyboard to select the tiddler. I expect we can add a selection filter around it as well. Unlike the default select widget you do not need the drop down to include a fixed set of tiddler, just those that match the filter and the search string provided.

I was wondering if anyone packaged a solution so we can all make use of this as a title picker in and outside the editorToolbar?

My own attempts to do this have ended up in confusion.

Give this a try:
https://tiddlytools.com/edit-list.html

Thanks Eric,

That solution is “comprehensive”, but it still faces the loss of focus issue, perhaps not on the pre-release now?

In many ways I was hoping to find a simple and single tiddler title picker with specific functionality. Especially with the “find” to progressively filter the list.

By its very nature it seems to me this is a feature that belongs in the core, just as a date/time, color, icon pickers that are available. There is the link EditorToolbar button, but it would be nice from the viewTemplate and prefiltered, set fields or other tiddlers. Also to add/remove from a list field. Eg Select related tiddlers.

If there is no “prior art” others can share, I will make use of edit-list.

@TW_Tones I might not be understanding your workflow correctly, but I assume you mean something other than like snowgoon’s Edit-CompText Demo — a demo of the Edit-CompText plugin for TiddlyWiki5 (snowgoon88.github.io) which I love and have also suggested is (in my opinion) fundamental enough for core consideration. I believe I remember someone saying the methodology would need tweaking before it would be considered though.

1 Like

The following works in TW5.2.0 (prerelease), without loss-of-focus:
<<edit-list field:test>>

In TW5.1.23, you can use the confirm:yes option as a workaround:
<<edit-list field:test confirm:yes>>

-e

1 Like