Seems like new GG posts do not show up in TiddlyTalk

Or does the process take longer than what it seemed to take?

Charlie,
I wondered too. Indeed a very special version of Read Only :face_with_monocle:

Unceremonious putting to pasture? That’s just funny to me, for some reason…

To the song “Strangers in the night”:

Decommissioned in the night
As TiddlyTalk entrances
Floating like a 'berg in the night
What were GG’s chances
Of any more shared love
Before GG melted right through?
…

Thanks for reporting!

Had a quick look, these are the “received” logs:

Yes, I know more have been posted since then, just sharing what’s visible in the system.

Here’s what has been “rejected” since the integration was turned on:

BTW, I believe those “reply not allowed” are because @Charlie_Veniot you tried to reply to the Discourse version, rather than the mailing list version.

I’ll have to check other email logs, I’ll probably reboot the server as the first thing to turn off / turn on again :slight_smile:

Yeah, I might be getting confused by GG-post-related emails from both GG and TiddlyTalk.

I’m thinking it would be easier if GG-post-related emails didn’t come from TiddlyTalk too, if that is easy to do. (I feel Dr. Seus-ish all of a sudden. Or two steps away from a limerick.)

You can mute the entire category here.

BTW, no just GG posts from me.

Jeremy posted a " Final Call for Testing for TiddlyWiki v5.2.0" to GG, and it isn’t showing up in TiddlyTalk.

Unless there is a way to post to GG and prevent TiddlyTalk from catching it?

Yes, I understand, that’s why I posted the screenshot of what has been received.

I looked at GG and confirmed that there are new posts there that haven’t been received here.

1 Like

Sorry, that screenshot was shock and awe to me (too much information to process), so I skipped that asap.

Yeah, but I don’t want the category muted from “Latest” in TiddlyTalk.

I’d just like for emails related to the category to stop.

Posts to GG still not appearing in TiddlyTalk.

Any idea what’s broken?

Hi @Charlie_Veniot yes I’m working on it along with GG moderators.

I’ll post updates here.

1 Like

Oh man, I misunderstood previous posts and thought it was easy fix happening in no time at all.

Apologies.

To be honest, it is sounding like a Monday morning job to me …

OK, I saw this go past some time ago, about SSL certs expiring all across the internet, and sure enough, that’s what it was for Discourse, too:

I’m rebuilding now, should be up and running soon.

And indeed, announcement post came through no problem:

Edit: it looks like a flood of delayed mail came in, so threading is a bit messed up. New posts coming in should be correctly threaded.

Silly question, taking note of the most recent posts in GG: how long does it take for a post in GG to show up in TiddlyTalk?

As quickly as email gets delivered. Email gets sent to the group address, Google delivers it to a special address we have subscribed to the group, it is received by an email process on the server and is posted to the Discourse Ruby backend for processing.

Sniffs like posts to GG are not making it to TiddlyTalk, then.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something.

A few came in but this was the last one.

I ran an upgrade because this Discourse tested fix looked interesting and relevant https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/74a9c0509b444499826fbc39b2e2dd3e37bcbeab

There may be some additional crankiness from Discourse’s fix for this SSL issue. Can look more at this tomorrow.