Section editor fold status now temporary, not good for long-form writing?

sorry not sure where to post this question!

the most recent update to section editor (1.0.0) no longer saves the foldstatus:

• [FIXED] foldstatus uses temporary tiddler to prevent save button gets red

but doesn’t this make section editor less useful for long-form writing, since all sections will now be fully expanded after each save/reload?

sorry if i am missing something; i was using collapsed sections so the user could quickly select the appropriate section to expand, but now they are all expanded by default (i am using the previous version for now)

warmest wishes, maki

1 Like

You could hack this! I had the same opinion as you! and I liked using state tiddler!
But there were requests to remove this!
Now we can have our own version, simply look at the foldstatus definition and change $:/temp prefix to $:/state prefix.

I will add a short explanation in doc.

1 Like

thanks so much mohammad, that worked great!

updated, modified $:/plugins/kookma/section/macros/definition as you suggest and also added an alternate keyboard shortcut in $:/plugins/kookma/section/templates/section

1 Like

Oh, this is modified by me, to solve this issue https://github.com/kookma/TW-Section/issues/20

It used to create many state tiddler, and those state tiddler will be all public ,even the original tiddler is private (using TidGi’s private subwiki setup) This leaks the privacy.

This is the downside of using state tiddler…Maybe it is better to keep state inside the tiddler’s field? I’m not very sure.

Maybe there can be a folded: title1, title2 field for this?

There is one downside: If you export such tiddlers to other wikis these fields have no meaning! also it is good to keep the tiddler tidy! just my two cents

Okay, then maybe store the state in the localstorage? So it can be used next time you open the wiki.