Search not working!

dear friends,

I have this odd problem: the search box in the sidebar seems to have stopped working. It doesnt produce the pop up preview and, no matter what the search term is, it’d finding 594 matches!

when I press the maginfuing glass icon the expected behaviour would be to open the search tiddler with the search term in the search box,. It doesn’t do that-instead it opens the advanced search tiddler, the field is empty ant the results seem to correspond to the search term

I have $:/plugins/kookma/search installed but disabling it made no difference

Unfortunately I can’t share my wiki. Any idea how to approach this?

thanks in advance!
thanasis sklapanis

1 Like

Hi @Thanasis_Sklapanis ,

I am not sure how I can help with your question - but do know that there is a place you can "upload’ your tiddlywiki - I found out about this a couple months ago - thanks to one of the dev’s here.

You can use your existing TW Talk account.

Hope this helps.

TwN00b

I would guess that you misconfigured the field-search plugin. Without being able to see your TW, it’s very hard to know.

I would try removing the field-search plugin and then reloading.

Are there other plugins that you’re using?
Also, @Mohammad 's plugin requires certain versions of TW, so what is your TW version?

Good luck!

I have the same trouble for a couple of months. The same behaviours happen in my local TW with node.js and even https://tiddlywiki.com/.

It happens at random times and cannot reproduce it.

The search list will reappear if you click again (or a couple times) in the search box.

Hi @TwN00b, thanks for your input!

Hi @Mark_S I did try removing the field search plugin, without luck. My version is 5.3.3 and i use a bunch of plugins (some disabled):

tiddlyclip: include web content
hotzone: HotZone – Be notified when tiddlers are scrolled into view
tiddlymap: TiddlyMap – Map drawing and topic visualization for your wiki
topstoryview: TopStoryView – Always scroll navigated tiddlers to the top
vis: Visjs – TiddlyWiki5 plugin for the vis.js library
relink: Relink - flexibility when relinking renamed tiddlers
mermaid-tw5: Wrappers for mermaid.js (disabled)
rocklib: Utility classes for gt6796c plugins
datepicker: datepicker plugin for TiddlyWiki5, based on Pikaday version 1.6.1
moment: moment.js plugin for TiddlyWiki5
GenTags: A plugin to let any field be used like the tags field (disabled)
FontAwesome: FontAwesome embedded font support for TW5
appear: Create popups, sliders or accordion menus with the appear widget. (disabled)
preview: Shows a tiddler preview when hovering internal links (disabled)
layout_adjustment: Layout adjustment
tristate: Tristate sidebar
ListTree: ListTree - style common bullet lists into list trees
Core: TiddlyWiki5 core
D3: D3 data visualisation demo
Projectify: Simple project management for TiddlyWiki
Search in Fields: Advanced search in fields using regular expression and tabular output
Shiraz: extended markups, styles, images, tables, and macros
Shiraz Formatter: Editor buttons and snippets for Shiraz
Tiddler Commander: Tiddler Commander
Utility: Small tools for authors and developers
Viz: Plugin for graphviz

However I stumbled upon this solution: I had in my TW a tiddler called $:/core/ui/SideBarLists

I deleted it, reverted to the default version and now the search works fine. I supppose one needs to backup modifications in the shadow tiddler.

Thanks for your reply!
thanasis sklapanis

1 Like

Hi @Zheng_Bangyou. Please see above for a possible solution. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @Thanasis_Sklapanis . I don’t have this shadow tiddler. It might be something else.

I have tried the brand new install TW with the same problem. I guess it might be related with my environments.

Brand new with no plugins?

Stand-alone TW is pretty much free from environmental effects … except the browser. What browser and version are you using?

Chrome with 127.0.6533.100. I know it is very strange. Have no idea what’s happening here.

It only randomly appears a time in couple days. So I cannot conduct a broad scenario test. When it does happen, there are no error/warning message in the console.

It is not a big issue for me. It will be automatically fixed after re-entering into search box.

It might be related with DOM element is not showing at the top of pages (Z-Index?), as all behaviours of search box is normal, except search list.

Next time, I will inspect DOM elements in the page, and disable my Chrome extensions.

Any browser plugins messing with CSS? E.g “night mode” plugin or such…? Adblocker settings blocking certain classes or “anything prefixed X” etc?

1 Like