Running two Instances of Bob.exe on the one computer

I managed to Run two even three, Instances of Bob.exe on the one computer.

• The key was not to go to each folder with Bob installed and go to the subfolder \IndexWiki\settings and edit the settings.json > ws-server host to "host": "127.0.1.1" in one case and "host": "127.0.4.1" in another, running both at once was fine.
  • This worked for some weeks, now has stopped working. Both return the following but never open at their address using the default port :8080.
    • Both look like this
Warning: Cannot find plugin 'OokTech/TWederBob'
NodeSettings - Parsed raw settings.
Added route /^\/New\/?$/
Added route /^\/TodoListAndLogs\/?$/
Added route /^\/Directory\/?$/
TiddlyWiki version 5.2.3 with Bob version 1.7.3b1
Bob saver server running on 127.0.0.1:61192

Neither are working now; the message Bob saver server running on" is the last thing we see and going to their address simple does nothing

• There is no explanation why they no longer run.

Background

I did run a third and older instance recently

NodeSettings - Parsed raw settings.
Added route /^\/Core\/?$/
..various...
TiddlyWiki version 5.1.18 with Bob version 1.1.0
Serving on 0.0.0.0:8084
(press ctrl-C to exit)
 syncer-server-WebsocketAdaptor: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
new connection

The settings is simpler and includes

"ws-server": {
    "host": "0.0.0.0",
    "wssport": "8084",
    "port": 8084
  },

Any ideas?

[Edited] Restoring the settings.json failed to restore the behaviour so it must be something other than my customisation, which did work when implemented.

1 Like

Did you get this one figured out? It piqued my interest. My only thoughts were that caching was causing a problem and/or the use of host address without assigning a port.

I have done some more research but not sure where to start. The process in two instances displays the saver address and does nothing more.

I think there is a way to trigger a verbose mode but dont know how to trigger it since does not give access.