Ridiculous Limits ... Stopped me

Discourse blocked me on a roll … like this …

You think that is a good idea? To block posters?

TT

:laughing:

Perhaps we could ask the limit to be increased. Got to stop the SPAM :slight_smile:

What spam is there??

The whole thing makes no sense to me.
Increased YES.
Lifted-OFF better.
I simply don’t see the reason for any limit for OUR group.

Dimmi (tell me) otherwise …

Thoughts, TT

There is no spam because we have a five post limit! :slight_smile:

I did already increment this setting from 3 to 5 as it is now. As others have written already, it’s to avoid the possibility to automatically create spams.

While I do like the possibility to reply to longer paragraphs of a post using several posts myself. There are other users out there, that feel, that this type of “reply style” is rather noisy and hard to follow. …

I think that’s an argument too.

At the moment I don’t see a convincing reason to “up” the limit again.

It would be nice, if you could provide a link to the discussion where the block happens, so we could follow a reasoning why it should be lifted.

1 Like

It occurred on a recent Café thread … but from my point of view I see NO reasoning for ANY limit.

I think the admins here may have it the wrong way around.
Would it not be better to start unlimited?

Best, TT

Ciao caro, what if next week I want to write 9 messages sequentially to @BurningTreeC about MCL? You force me to write a way that suits you? In 5? :slight_smile:

TBH I̧ never seen here any problem with volume of posts. So WHAT actually is the issue?

Just wondering
TT

That would be antisocial behaviour from the perspective of other users; it creates noise and overwhelms the messages from others.

6 Likes

You can do so, if you create a new thread. According to the following discourse post Max consecutive replies not applied when user posting in their own topic - #3 by renem - support - Discourse Meta there is no limit.

Imagine a topic:

A Nine Day Journal: My Experiences Developing A Genealogical Timeline of Cornish Tin Miners in the 19th Century (in TiddlyWiki)

with one post catering to one day’s journal entry, all posted at once, together.

I think we should accommodate that (hypothetical) example for the Discussion category but not Cafe. I don’t see the need for an off-topic category to be treated as a one-man monologue.

Sorry, TT. I don’t buy it.

2 Likes