Referring to $:/siteTitle

Hello everyone,
I’m still plugging away, quietly.

Is it possible to reference $:/siteTitle – in order to refer to the Wiki title in a tiddler?

I’m aiming to have such references in a tiddler be automatically consistent with possible future changes of title, eg.:

The purpose of this WikiTitle is to… blah, blah…

If so, how is it done?
I’ve looked through the library on tw-com, and tried…

<$list filter="[tag[$:/SiteTitle]]"/> — with a blank result

and this…

<$list filter="[!has[tag[$:/SiteTitle]]"> <$view field='title'/> </$list>

which I know is wrong/contradictory with the “!has” bit. At least it displays something - a list of every tiddler in the wiki. :sweat_smile:

As a guess, I think I need to add a “field” to the modified shadow tiddler with the value being the actual WikiTitle. BUT I’m scared I may break something.

G’day,

This? {{$:/SiteTitle}}

Reference: https://tiddlywiki.com/#Transclusion%20in%20WikiText

1 Like

You can just transclude the tiddler directly:

The purpose of this {{$:/SiteTitle}} is to... blah, blah

Oh - how simple. Embarrasingly so.
I’ve yet to read up and fully understand “transclusions”.

Thank you Charlie and Scott. :slight_smile:

There are likely many possibilities. This should also work:

The purpose of this <$view tiddler="$:/SiteTitle" /> is to... blah, blah.
1 Like

Oh, I"m still new enough that I’m continually tripping on the syntax, and missing the simpler answers. It’s nice to be able to answer one for once!

1 Like

Pff, nothing to be embarrassed by at all.

If you can find the time, it is totally worth quickly reading everything in TiddlyWiki.com just to be aware of the inventory.

But that takes time, so nothing wrong with a quick q&a to find things out, especially the little things that are easy to miss. Besides, the potential for some new/interesting insight/perspective is never a bad thing.

And TiddlyWiki folk are pretty keen on getting more folk into the “TiddlerHood” via some q&a.