Quick Search shows 0 matches, although there are some

what I also just found is, that in advanced search, I actually get the 0 results, although that seems strange to me also, because there should be some. Actually, no results appear, doesn’t matter what I type there.

Also, and I don’t know if this is connected to the issues I encounter, but suddenly I’m not able to navigate through quick search results with my down arrow key - I assume that this is dependent on “actual” advanced search results which seems to be broken in my tiddlywiki.

can someone help me to debug this?

TiddlyWiki version 5.3.1
Windows, Firefox / Chrome same behaviour

You seem to have made some modifications to the search results, e.g. the List and Context tabs. Can you share the details of these modifications? Have you made them yourself or is it through a plugin?

The matches count relates to the “hits” of the standard search tab list tab which appears as soon as you have another custom search tab, Look, there will be no items in the list tab, the list of tiddlers you can see comes from the custom search called “content” and matches the filters therein. It has no relationship to the matches number.

You seem to have made some modifications to the search results, e.g. the List and Context tabs. Can you share the details of these modifications? Have you made them yourself or is it through a plugin?

it’s this plugin I’ve installed a long while ago.
https://contextplugin.tiddlyspot.com/

I disabled it, though the behaviour stays the same

Did you save and reload wiki after disabling the plugin? This plugin contains JS, so it is necessary to reload wiki after enabling or disabling it. Usually there is an alert reminding to do that.

Did you save and reload wiki after disabling the plugin? This plugin contains JS, so it is necessary to reload wiki after enabling or disabling it. Usually there is an alert reminding to do that.

I host my wiki, it auto saves/synchs with the server. I reloaded also, no difference.

I suspect it’s not fully disabled. After all, you’re still seeing the context tab that it introduces…

I suspect it’s not fully disabled. After all, you’re still seeing the context tab that it introduces…

Hey, thanks for the answer.

No, I don’t see it anymore. I just disabled it after vilc said so, and now it’s in default mode.

This plugin shouldn’t be the problem, as the behaviour just recently started and I installed the plugin months ago.

There could be a change to a core tiddler if you delete the plugin save and reload then its still happening let us know and I can give you some more details.

@TW_Tones

the problem is still the same. would appreciate help with further debugging a lot!
thanks

@TW_Tones

i was inspired and disabled some other plugins - it’s now gone.

thanks all for your help!

2 Likes