I often use LibreOffice or Excel for their ease of use when writing tables, but then I want to import these tables in TiddlyWiki…
Copy/paste doesn’t work out of the box (imports an image, not a table), and the excellent official XLSX Utils plugin is very powerful (I use it for some projects) but quite tedious to configure.
Here is a quick hack to copy/paste tables from a spreadsheet to TiddlyWiki, crudely converting the table to WikiText.
Spreadsheet2WikiText-EN.json (2.8 KB)
Edit: added focus.
Edit 2: fixed temp tiddler qualify macro use
Edit 3: headers toggles. Numbers and dates alignment
- Backup your data!
- Download the attached JSON file and import it in your wiki (100% WikiText solution, no reload required)
- Design your table in Excel / LibreOffice / whatever
- Select and copy the table in the clipboard
- In your wiki, edit the destination tiddler. Note the new editor toolbar button
- Click on the toolbar button, paste the table and click on Convert and insert
- Tested on Linux with LibreOffice, and Windows with Excel.
- I don’t and won’t use Google Sheets, so YMMV…
- Backup your data before importing this code, and use at your own risk!
- This code is free for anyone to use, study, copy, build upon, modify, improve and spread the world.