Q: InnerWiki are amazing! I have 3 questions

I am playing with the InnerWiki plugin.

It is amazing!

The docs are good but, likely don’t explain enough if you are a plum-duff (not the pudding; rather an idiot).

My Qs:

1. All InnerWikis are transient? Yes?
    Meaning any changes you make to an InnerWiki will be lost in the save/reload of the MotherWiki?

2. InnerWikis can save to disk as themselves independant of Mother?

3. InnerWikis can use all the gizmos of TW core without problem?

Just queries
TT

Yes, that is correct.

Yes.

Yes, an innerwiki can be saved independently. It would also be possible for an innerwiki to sync itself to a server.

Yes, with the proviso that innerwikis are displayed in an iframe, which might not match the expectations of some wikis.

1 Like

Just be carful when hitting save, you want to save as, it is possible if the innerwiki inherits the same “filename” as your master wiki you can overwrite your master, unless once you leave the innerwiki, and save the master again you may loose your master, or may loose your inner wiki copy.

• This needs a combination of settings which is rare but it has happened to me.
1 Like

Ok. So, procedure wise.

ALERT: Make sure you set an InnerWiki to differentiate him/her-self from Mother on save name?
Yes?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t recall the specific tiddler to include in the inner wiki data statements, but you can set the filename that will be used at save from the inner wiki.

I will see if I can find my Proof of concept.

I think this is it

<$data title="$:/config/SaveWikiButton/Filename" text="testfile"/>
1 Like

Thanks. That worked.