Put an authorship on each tiddlers

I tried to add “666” as one or more tiddlers and show the author “666”, I tried to add the author’s name from the following two photos method did nothing, what is the situation?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

https://tiddlywiki.com/#TiddlerFields

1 Like

Thanks a million. I’ll give it a try

This little problem and the point in the link where I’m confused seems to be a problem

1 Like

The value you enter in $:/ControlPanel > Info > Basics > "Username for signing edits" is used to set the modifier field (when creating or editing a tiddler), and the creator field (when adding a new tiddler).

1 Like

I don’t know if you think that issue has much to do with this one, but I don’t see much of a connection. And for what it’s worth, no, I find neither one to be a very central problem. This one is simply a misunderstanding about where the author/editor name that shows up in tiddlers is configured. The other one is an interesting little problem on the interconnections between tiddlers, but not anything crucial.

2 Likes

As Eric pointed out, the modifier field is used by default. If you want to change that you can change the

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle/modifier tiddler

<$link to={{!!modifier}}/>

To:

<$link to={{{ [all[current]has[author]get[author]] :else[get[modifier]] }}}/>

This code will use the “author-field” if it has a value, otherwise it will use the modifier-field as it is by default.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it seems that my code editor occasionally freak out, its search function did not search for a field that can be found with the eyes, I did not use my eyes to look for it, careless.

1 Like

Well, I did do this correctly before, and I thought it worked on the old tiddlers as well works, actually it doesn’t, I fell into a trap.

Thank you for providing the solution, it can add all the individual tiddlers to the unified author name, it looks perfect, good luck!