Public moderation

I cant agree with you jeremy. I responded, welcomed and liked the posters content and I responded to marios caution. I did not say the post was spam only raised it to support marios cautions. I just flaged some spam that came from a new user, with a link that led to an advertising site, so it seemed relavant.

Perhaps a private message to I and mario would have been better in these cases so we can improve our messaging rather suggesting someone is “incredibly unwelcoming” publicly. An unequivocal statement or opinion about someone or their behavior in public can demand a public responce and generate off topic content like this reply. Then will it force a reply from you?

I also reserved some of my praise until I could test and give genuine feedback. I am sure in the fullness of time our poster will see we realy appreciate the contribution.

I am a human being as well!

Please could an admin move this part of the thread to a new thread?

I understand what you meant. However, mentioning spam in this context does make it look like you are casting aspersions on this submission. In particular, talking about “spam posts” makes it read like you thought that the original post could have been spam.

I will message you privately should the occasion arise in future. However, that doesn’t help much if (as in this case) you disagree with my point. Some moderation needs to visible so that people can see the expected standards of behaviour for themselves.

My intention was to show you how your language was open to misinterpretation, and explain why that matters.

1 Like