Projectify duplicate task titles

Hi! I am just checking out Projectify and was thinking about using it at work. Many of my projects have similar tasks. Many projects may have a task of something like “schedule project kickoff meeting” or “Meet with xx team for roadmap planning”. These task titles end up being tiddler titles, so they have to be unique for the while tiddlywiki file.

Has anyone else run into the issue of wanting the same task name in different projects (the project is the context for the similar tasks)? How did you resolve/approach it?

One thought I had was to prepend or append something to the task that relates to the project name… but then just some tasks include the project name, but not others… or all tasks have really long names.

1 Like

I have noticed in projectify apparently duplicate todo items because if you create the second one with the same name it adds a space at the end.

• I think the main thing would be to improve the duplicate tiddler naming but using the default method of appending a number.
  • search the Projectify tiddlers for tm-new-tiddler or action-createtiddler and it no luck look for tm-edit-tiddler to find where the new new tiddler actions are.
  • I expect its happening in the new todo item dialogue/button

The current version adds a space and a number (Complete Survey first 3 tabs, Complete Survey first 3 tabs 1). So it is appending a number at the end.

I suppose that is not very intrusive, but eventually I will have 100 of these in various projects. This means that if I have several projects (a few hundred over time), none of them can ever have the exact same task name. Technically I want the same task in several different projects, but specific to that project.

I am not sure if projectify honors the caption field but tiddlers that reoccur in more than one project are best be qualified by the project name even if the caption lists them with the same name.

However when you look at today and otherviews they will look the same. See project name on right hand side.

However other methods can be deployed to create standard tasks in projects.

In my home-grown GTD system, I use the caption field for task titles. Then I have the actual fiddler called “2022-12-23-083000 Task”, which makes it impossible to have overlapping titles.

You could use the created field instead?

The caption field holds the actual title of the task, which lets the title have less relevance. I use the current date and time for the title, as it removes the chance there will ever be an overlap.