Problem with Node.js configuration, multiline-fields and .meta file

This very useful when creating SuperTag, but on nodejs setup, it will make tiddler become JSON, and will not delete the .meta file. So after restart, it will regard the JSON as text

图片

Yes. Multiline fields have to be saved as JSON tiddlers. We do not have a .tid file format, that can handle multiline fields.

and will not delete the .meta file. So after restart, it will regard the JSON as text

IMO it’s the responsibility of the core syncadaptor to handle that. It’s the syncer module, which switches from .tid to .json.

I did the following tests

TW Node.js configuration using editions/tw5.com-server

• create a tiddler named: test.txt
  • type: text/plain
  • text: some text

which creates 2 files. A tiddler.txt and tiddler.txt.meta file. → OK and expected

It switched the file-name of the tiddler to test.txt.json and removed the text.txt.meta file. → OK and expected.

I did also switch back and forth removing and adding a multi-line-field. Everytime the .meta file was handled in the right way.

So if that’s not the behaviour of your edition, it may be problem of your sync-adaptor.

I’ll move the issue to a new thread, because I cannot replicate the problem with a default Node.js configuration as described above.