Presenting: .table ~ style bullet lists into tables

Rumour has it that the secretive TWaddle Defense Forces have developed a super peace weapon to turn bullets into tables!? Yes, ra-ta-ta-ta into ra-table-table-table and they invite us all for coffee!

Huh? …not sure what to make of that BUT I did find this in their secret file cabinet:

.table ~ a stylesheet to turn bullet lists into tables

A main purpose is to be able to create tables on the fly, e.g as you take notes. The wikitext pipe | method quickly becomes iffy for anything but the simplest constructs.

By the way… if you thought the intro here was corny, then I should warn you that the jokes in the demo are both corny and outdated, because this concept actually took shape several years ago but it wasn’t until now that some final pieces fell into place that made it ready for release. You have been warned.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Feedback: Presenting: .table ~ style bullet lists into tables

I do like this experiment. Very well done.

I did also move my feedback into a new thread, so this “presentation thread” can stay on topic

Thanks! Yeah, it uses quite a few tricks. Am I right in that we have you to thank for the techniqe to apply a class directly onto wikitext markup like so *.class (instead of havin to encapsulate with e.g <span>)?

No credits go to Jeremy. It has been in the core very early on. It’s just somewhat hidden and I think not all the wikitext rules have the possibility.

I did test your implementation with my space-space-newline plugin. It should allow us to easily create simple “multi-line text” within “tables”.

I’ll post here after I did more experiments.

Ah, thank you Jeremy! :grin:

I did test your implementation with my space-space-newline plugin. It should allow us to easily create simple “multi-line text” within “tables”.

I’ll post here after I did more experiments.

Interesting! Looking forward to hearing about it!

1 Like

Nice idea! TWaddle Defense Forces TiddlyWiki is magic :wink:
Thank you for sharing!

That is fascinating. I’ll have to think about whether I have a need for its functionality. But I absolutely know that I want to learn from your implementation!

1 Like

Ehm, in that case I need to make it clear that I’m aware of the ugly magic numbers in there (but I don’t know how to avoid them, ideas are welcome) and the crammed formatting in the procedures was needed to make their output look decent in viewmode.

Don’t apologize. Magic numbers make everyone think you’re a wizard!