Presenting: hide - quickly hide e.g the subtitle

From the TWaddler, a hit-quick nit-pickly tiddly-bit:

hide

This is just a convenient macro to quickly hide some element e.g the subtitle or a button, in the current tiddler. Use it as a quick-fix to hide some tiddler element in a public tiddler or for a print out, etc.

1 Like

I call this hide elements on demand!
Very clever and modular :wink:

UPDATED

hide is now packaged as a plugin and now it also lets you easily hide individual tiddler buttons, for example <<hide edit>>

2 Likes

For me <<hide more>> does not work!

1 Like

Dang, you right. I thought I had figured out a clever automation trick in that popup but nope. The way to hide “more” would be with <<hide more-tiddler-actions>>. I’ll have to modify the popup.

UPDATED again

Thanks to @Mohammad , hide is now updated and should work properly to hide any tiddler button as well as other core elements in the tiddler.

2 Likes

@twMat great easy to use solution.

If anyone uses it and gets in a muddle they can use this tool edit-recent-sidebars.json (3.2 KB) to edit the tiddler from a sidebar list.

I think your elegant trickery could be further developed to be even more versatile or other tricks used to get it to operate elsewhere;

• Use in view template conditionally
  • Apply to system tiddler without editing them
  • Introduce other non button elements

It also hints at the idea of a data tiddler that lists elements and the matching class/selector for use in hide and other CSS customisations.

1 Like