Possible New Save Method - Notable

I just stumbled onto a possible new save method for TW. It was developed for FeatherWiki, another wiki tool that I use and found out about from this forum, and it’s called Notable. According to its creator on GirHub, mush42, it’s “A user-friendly tool designed for managing and editing your personal wiki.” It works for macOS, Windows, and Linux and opens a FeatherWiki file in your default browser that can be edited and saved. I found that if you replace the FW file with a TW file it seems to work fine.

Also, this is the first topic I’ve opened. So I apologize if I’ve opened it in the wrong category.

2 Likes

Interesting!

You mean you compiled your own executable with your own TW file? Or is there a way to get the executable to run against any wiki with a recompile? I suspect most people don’t want to get into the business of installing Rust on their machines.

There is Twexe which lets you make your TW into an executable on the fly

https://ihm4u.github.io/twexe/

That dates to 2015, so don’t know if it still works.

@Mark_S yes I did compile my own on my Mac and Linux machines. However, I just tested this on a Windows machine with the pre-compiled executable and just swapped the FW file that it generated in my Documents folder with a blank TW file that I renamed. So far it’s been saving automatically without issue.

I use twexe and it works great!
I use this when a user just like click and use! no headache! no web knowledge.
A user only knows keyboard + mouse and screen! :wink: and can surf the web!

TWEXE is among the best and simplest to work!

1 Like

@Bearking

I saw this on the GitHub page:

All your wiki content is saved in a single HTML file named notable-wiki.html located in your Documents directory.

What do I do with my other couple dozen wikis?

I’m confused. Why is it reading from one location and saving to another? Or is that just a backup? We can already save to a different location/name using the browser.

Ditto. Based on the text I quoted above, I don’t see a solution for me.