Plugin (or other solution) to highlight already-open tiddler when navigated to?

I’m considering using TiddlyWiki as an internal knowledge base, with some “workflows” included.

The idea is that my customer support agents can start at the first card in the workflow and follow the process by opening the relevant tiddlers.

The problem is that, if a tiddler is already open and in view, clicking on a link to it gives no visual indication of where they should be looking.

I want to be able to trigger some kind of CSS to highlight the selected card when it’s navigated to (if it’s already open, or always).

I’m willing to write a plugin for this, but I wanted to know if there’s some easy way to do this without doing that. Suggestions?

(PS: The “zoom” storyview mode kind of works by always having only one tiddler open, but it gets confusing because it seems to be just a visual effect… the other tiddlers are actually “open”, just hidden AFAICT)

There should be a way to get the tiddler you navigate to scroll to the top of the current view window. If however you have some small tiddlers at the bottom it will fit them in the bottom view and the last will not appear at the top. It does this to stop unnecessary white space at the bottom however you can add this if you want?

This page intentionally left blank.json (187 Bytes)

Contains a tiddler tagged $:/tags/BelowStory to display its contents below the story;
containing;

<div style="height: 100vw;">

</div>
  • Which displays an empty div of 100% of the view window in height.

Please see if this resolves you issue

1 Like

See the attached tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet with the content;

[data-tiddler-title="{{$:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler}}"] {
  border: 2px solid green;
}

This will apply its the css to the tiddler named in $:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler which typically holds the name of the last tiddler you navigated to.

1 Like

Excellent and clever solutions both.

This does help, and now that I know about system tags, it’s much easier for me to figure out other tweaks to this.

Thanks, @TW_Tones !

1 Like