Planning for bug fix release v5.3.3

We’ve discovered a handful of bugs that were introduced in v5.3.2. Because these bugs have already caused significant headaches for users, I propose to release a bug fix release in the next few days as v5.3.3. There is a GitHub ticket for managing the release.

Please let me know if there are any other regressions that we need to investigate. Note that at this point we’re only interested in bugs that were introduced in v5.3.2, and not pre-existing bugs.

7 Likes

The prerelease now contains all of the planned bug fixes for v5.3.3 so we would be grateful for as much testing as possible in the next few days.

Unless we run into issues, I propose that we release v5.3.3 relatively quickly which means either over this coming weekend of Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th December, or first thing in the new year.

We’re getting so many reports of these problems from end users that I favour an early release, but would welcome views.

1 Like

I did pin this thread for 7 days till 28.12.2023

Absolutely. I’ve seen the reports, but have not followed the fixes. If we’re pretty certain of them, then yes, release ASAP. There’s nothing to preclude a further bug-fix release should it become essential.