Pasting text from power point inside a tiddler in edit mode

Hello TW community,

I am rising a previously mentionned but still open and bothering issue.

Pasting text copied from power point inside a a tiddler in edit mode launches the “Import images and insert them into the editor.” interface.
I would except the copied text to be directly inserted instead.
The expected beahaviour is already working in any other text input box (for instance created using the $edit-text widget).

My question: is there a way to fix this issur or at least to disable the interfering “Import images and insert them into the editor.” functionnality that I do not use?

Nota: the work around mentionned in this discussion group to use an intermediate notepad for pasting the text then copying/pasting it again is not a user friendly solution for daily use.

BR,

Eskha

Try editing the shadow tiddler $:/config/Editor/EnableImportFilter and setting the text field blank.

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Hidden%20Setting%3A%20Enable%20File%20Import%20in%20Editor

1 Like

Thank you @saqimtiaz, this is working!

In most apps, including browsers, you can use Ctrl+Shift+V to paste as plain text. If you’re using Firefox though, it’s kinda buggy, only works on some sites, and TW is not among them.

Thank you cskrisz: your tip is working for Edge.

Keep in Mind FireFox and Chrome for that matter have extensions/addons you can install to allow you to copy the source in different formats such as plain text or HTML, and images if so desired.

• If you copy the content in the right format, tiddlywiki will respond to that format.